Find a Landscape Professional
Landscape Designers specialize in residential design and serve a wide range
of clients. Many professional designers offer expertise in native plants,
water efficiency, climate appropriate plants, and other sustainable
Landscape Contractor: Although the main activity of a contractor is to build the landscape many companies also provide design services in house.
Landscape Architects: Many landscape architects will design gardens for homes. The group as a whole is focused on Commercial and Public projects but this is not universally the case. As a group they do not have a search tool to find one in your area but they will be listed under Landscape Architects in the yellow pages.
- While some homeowners believe they can save money by avoiding landscape
design work, professional design can be reasonable and help homeowners avoid
typical pitfalls and mistakes. If you have ever experienced a home remodel,
you are familiar with the phrase “It will cost twice as much and take twice
as long as you think." With their experience and expertise, design
professionals understand landscape costs and help you work within a budget
so you get it right the first time.
- Consider hiring a landscape professional to review the current condition of your irrigation system and retrofit the system with newer more water efficient equipment. This will save money in the long run. Half the water used in landscape is typically wasted.
- If you struggle with Irrigation controller here are two tips:
- Go here to find videos on how to set them: www.resetyourcontroller.com
- Consider buying a new inexpensive controller, they are much easier to program than the old ones. They start at $45 and have a seasonal adjustment button that allows you to make the changes to all of the stations on your timer with one button.
- Consider a Smart Controller of Weather-based controller which makes changes throughout the year automatically. These are more expensive.